Swirled Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe
My wife, Gail, and I host an annual cheesecake party. For the event's 10th anniversary, we prepared 10 family favorites, including this fruity creation.—Scott Fox, Fergus Falls, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1. In a food processor, process the blueberries, sugar, water and cornstarch until blended. Transfer to a heavy saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes or until thickened. Set aside 1/3 cup for filling. Refrigerate remaining sauce for topping.
- 2. Combine crust ingredients. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth; beat in lemon juice. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour half of the filling over crust; top with half of the reserved blueberry mixture. Repeat layers. Cut through filling with a knife to swirl. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Serve with blueberry sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 309 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC