Swirl Cinnamon Bread Recipe
If you like cinnamon, you’ll love this quick bread! It’s crusty on top, soft and moist inside—and one of my very most-requested recipes. I always make extra loaves for the holidays and give them to family and friends. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, whisk egg, yogurt, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and remaining cinnamon.
- 2. Spoon a third of the batter into an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Top with a third of the brown sugar mixture. Repeat layers twice. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the brown sugar mixture.
- 3. Bake 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice equals 203 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC