If you like cinnamon, you’ll love this quick bread! It’s crusty on top, soft and moist inside. Make extra loaves for the holidays and give them to family and friends. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, whisk egg, yogurt, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and remaining cinnamon.
- Spoon a third of the batter into an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Top with a third of the brown sugar mixture. Repeat layers twice. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the brown sugar mixture.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Swirl Cinnamon Bread in Healthy Cooking December/January 2012, p33
Reviews for Swirl Cinnamon Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review