Swift Spaghetti Recipe
Louise Miller of Westminster, Maryland adds dry onion soup mix to the water when cooking her spaghetti, then stirs in a nicely seasoned meat. "This dish has so much flavor that I'm always asked for the recipe," she shares.
- 5-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add spaghetti and dry soup mix. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until spaghetti is tender (do not drain). Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, parsley, oregano, basil and garlic powder. Add to the spaghetti mixture; heat through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC