- add to creamed mixture. Pour into prepared pans.
- In a bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar; beat until stiff and glossy. Fold in chopped
- nuts. Spread evenly over batter, sealing edges to sides of pan.
- Arrange walnut halves over meringue in one pan.
- Bake at 300° for 55 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10
- minutes; remove to wire racks. Invert so meringue side is up; cool
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix until thickened. Fold in
- whipped cream. Place plain cake, meringue side up, on serving plate.
- Spread with half of the filling; top with remaining cake. Frost
- sides with remaining filling. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 294 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.