Sweetheart Trifle Recipe
"If you're a peanut butter and chocolate lover, this fantastic trifle is for you," assures Lorie Cooper of Chatham, Ontario. "It's a hit every time I serve it. I always have requests for the recipe."
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 4-1/4 cups cold milk, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages (5.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 Nestlé Crunch candy bars (1.55 ounces each), crumbled
- 1. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a heavy saucepan, combine chips, 1/4 cup milk and cream. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature. In a large bowl, whisk remaining milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick).
- 4. To assemble, crumble half of the cake into a 4-qt. trifle bowl or large bowl. Layer half of the peanut butter sauce, pudding, whipped topping and candy bars; repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Sweetheart Trifle
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC