- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 4-1/4 cups cold milk, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages (5.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 Nestlé Crunch candy bars (1.55 ounces each), crumbled
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine chips, 1/4 cup milk and cream. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature. In a large bowl, whisk remaining milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick).
- To assemble, crumble half of the cake into a 4-qt. trifle bowl or large bowl. Layer half of the peanut butter sauce, pudding, whipped topping and candy bars; repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Sweetheart Trifle
Sort By :
"My family requests this dessert for every family gathering=)...WONDERFUL"
"This was awesome! Everyone loved it!! I used chopped up Reese's PB cups instead of the heath bars."
"I kept the recipe the same with the exception of using two peanut butter chip bags plus 1 cup of cream and two whipped toppings containers. Helped the cause of needing more peanut butter with each delicious bite. It is a crowd favorite and request at all football functions!"
"First of all, I did not taste very much peanut butter in this. It's a shame, because that would have taken this from good to excellent for me.Also the directions should tell you to pack down the cake. If you just crumble it into a 4-qt trifle bowl, it will not all fit."
"I frequently take this to church potlucks. It fits into a large Tupperware bowl just fine. If I want to use my trifle bowl, I half the recipe."