This is the perfect dessert for any romantic dinner or holiday. Forming the cute heart is simple and is so delicious.—Alyssa Harris, Elizabethton, Tennessee
6-8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + standing
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) marshmallows
- Red gel or paste food coloring
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Draw a 9-in. heart on waxed
- paper. Coat with cooking spray; set aside. In a large saucepan, heat
- butter and marshmallows over medium heat until marshmallows are
- melted, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in food
- coloring and cereal. Shape mixture into a heart on prepared pan,
- using the drawn heart as a guide. Let stand for 1 hour or until set.
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir
- until smooth. Spread a 1-in. border near edge of heart. Place
- remaining melted chips in a pastry or plastic bag; cut a small hole
- in the corner of bag. Pipe initials in the center of heart. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 351 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.