A creamy peanut butter sauce and cute chocolate garnishes turn plain ice cream into pretty parfaits. "This tempting dessert is easy to make and goes with most any meal," assures Suzanne McKinley of Lyons, Georgia.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- Vanilla ice cream
- 3/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 6 chocolate hearts (see page 58), optional
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, milk, corn syrup and butter. Cook
- and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is
- smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Divide half of the peanut butter mixture among six parfait glasses;
- top with a scoop of ice cream. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Garnish with a chocolate heart if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 606 calories, 26 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 90 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.