Sweetheart Scones Recipe
"I've made these tender heart-shaped scones many times for my family and for special occasions," writes Debbie Graham from Creston, British Columbia. "They are especially pretty when split and filled with colorful jam."
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- Red colored sugar, optional
- Cherry, raspberry or strawberry jam
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 10-12 times. Roll to 2/3-in. thickness; cut with a 3-1/2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with sugar if desired. Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire rack. Split scones in half. Spread bottom halves with jam; replace the tops. Serve warm. Yield: 10 scones.
1 each: 343 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 464mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Sweetheart Scones
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC