An ice ring with fresh strawberries adds an elegant look to the bowl of this popular punch from Gretchen Montgomery of Marietta, Ohio. She writes, "I got the recipe from a friend 30 years ago and have served it at numerous bridal and baby showers, family reunions, rehearsal dinners and wedding receptions. It's not too tart, not too sweet." As an eye-catching option, use a heart-shaped mold to make the ice ring.
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 6 cups water, divided
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 liters lemon-lime soda, chilled
- Arrange 1 cup of fresh strawberries in a 4-1/2-cup ring mold; add 2 cups water. Freeze until solid. Top with the remaining fresh strawberries. Slowly pour 1 cup water into mold to almost cover berries. Freeze until solid.
- In a punch bowl, combine the lemonade concentrate, thawed strawberries, orange juice concentrate and remaining water. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, stir in lemon-lime soda. Unmold ice ring by wrapping the bottom of the mold in a damp hot dishcloth; invert onto a baking sheet. Place fruit side up in punch bowl. Yield: 14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Sweetheart Punch in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p6
Reviews for Sweetheart Punch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review