Sweetheart Pancakes Recipe
Hot-off-the-griddle goodies are always a welcome sight put on the table...morning, noon and night. Instead of serving these palate-pleasing pancakes with ordinary maple syrup, make this extraordinary cherry sauce. You'll be thanked mmm-many times over!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- CHERRY SAUCE:
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream in a can
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs; add milk, oil and lemon juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- 3. For cherry sauce, combine pie filling, extract and nutmeg in a medium saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- 4. To serve as shown in the photo, stack pancakes on serving plates and make a heart outline with whipped cream; spoon cherry sauce into heart. Yield: 4 servings (12 pancakes).
1 serving (3 each) equals 709 calories, 27 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 156 mg cholesterol, 664 mg sodium, 101 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC