- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- CHERRY SAUCE:
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream in a can
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs; add milk, oil and lemon juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- For cherry sauce, combine pie filling, extract and nutmeg in a medium saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- To serve as shown in the photo, stack pancakes on serving plates and make a heart outline with whipped cream; spoon cherry sauce into heart. Yield: 4 servings (12 pancakes).
Originally published as Sweetheart Pancakes in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 1997, p1
Reviews for Sweetheart Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review