- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 5 cups milk, divided
- 1 package (6 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- Whipped cream and maraschino cherries, optional
- In a saucepan, cook pudding mix and 4 cups milk according to package directions. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with gelatin and stir until completely dissolved. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining milk until smooth. Gradually add gelatin mixture; mix well. Pour into oiled individual molds. Refrigerate overnight. Unmold; garnish with whipped cream and cherries if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Sweetheart Mousse in Taste of Home February/March 1996 , p67
Reviews for Sweetheart Mousse
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 14, 2013
"Way too sweet for my taste. I thought the jello would make it a little on the tart side. I made them in little plastic heart cups and served them with a raspberry and mint leaf on top. the presentation was nice for a Valentine's day treat."