Sweetheart Jello Salad Recipe
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 12 maraschino cherries, quartered
- 2 to 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. Soften gelatin in cold water. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring sugar and pineapple with juice to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat. Add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Add lemon and cherry juices. Cool to lukewarm. Whisk in cream cheese until thoroughly combined. Stir in the cherries and food coloring if desired. Chill until slightly thickened. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into an oiled 13-in. x 9-in. pan or 8-1/2-cup mold; chill until firm. Serve the mold or individual squares on lettuce-lined plates if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Sweetheart Jello Salad
"I made sweet heart salad tonight for the first time in 14 years with my grandmother and it was amazing just as i remember it as a small child! i think im going to make it again next weekend for my friends party!"