This rich cocoa fudge, shared by Ottawa, Kansas field editor Dorothy Anderson, is sure to delight someone you love.
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1-1/2
- teaspoons butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar,
- cocoa and salt. Stir in the milk until smooth; bring to a rapid boil
- over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook without stirring until a
- candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the
- heat; add vanilla and remaining butter (do not stir).
- Cool to 110° (about 5 minutes). Beat with a spoon until fudge
- thickens and just begins to lose its gloss. Immediately spread into
- prepared pan. Cool. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil;
- cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 106 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.