Sweetheart Fudge Pie Recipe
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla or rum extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped red maraschino cherries
- 1. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; set crust aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add chocolate, coffee and extract. Stir in walnuts and flour. Pour into crust. Bake at 375° for 28-30 minutes. Cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form; fold in cherries. Spread over pie. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 403 calories, 27 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Sweetheart Fudge Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.