Sweetheart Fudge Pie Recipe
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla or rum extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped red maraschino cherries
- 1. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; set crust aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add chocolate, coffee and extract. Stir in walnuts and flour. Pour into crust. Bake at 375° for 28-30 minutes. Cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form; fold in cherries. Spread over pie. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 slice: 403 calories, 27g fat (13g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Sweetheart Fudge Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.