Sweetheart Fudge Cake Recipe
"When asked to make dessert for a friend's engagement party, I came up with this cake," recalls Tiffany Taylor of St. Petersburg, Florida. "It's great for Valentine's Day."
- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (regular size)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup currant jelly, warmed
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Stir in vanilla. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. heart-shaped or round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- While cakes are still warm, poke several holes in cakes with a meat fork or wooden skewer to within 1/4 in. of bottom. Brush jelly over top and sides of cakes.
- In a small saucepan, combine cream and chocolate; cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Brush over top and sides of cakes several times, allowing mixture to absorb between brushings. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat frosting until fluffy; fold in whipped topping. Spread frosting between layers and over the top and sides of cake. Garnish with raspberries. Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Sweetheart Fudge Cake in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p8
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sweetheart Fudge Cake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2012
Great cake, fast and easy to prepare. Had a lot of left over frosting and chocolate sauce, could cut back a little on those amounts.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Fudge Cake >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fudge Cake >