Sweetheart Corn Bread Recipe
This is a delicious recipe I've served many times to my family. I don't always shape the bread into a heart, but it is fun to do that for Valentine's Day or another special occasion. Even if you don't have a heart-shaped pan, garnishing with ribbon adds a colorful touch. One of our favorite meals is this corn bread with bean soup and a salad.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add sour cream, oil and corn; mix well. Stir in the dry ingredients just until combined. Pour into a greased and floured 5-cup heart shaped baking pan or a 9-in. round pan. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 328 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 446 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC