- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add sour cream, oil and corn; mix well. Stir in the dry ingredients just until combined. Pour into a greased and floured 5-cup heart shaped baking pan or a 9-in. round pan. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Sweetheart Corn Bread
Sort By :
"We didn't care for this. We thought it was too bland."
"My 4 little kids liked this recipe especially with honey butter and chili. I love the no sugar and corn in it. Have made it 3 times."
"Super moist! Good, but not sweet; notice there is no sugar in the recipe. Maybe southern cornbread is not sweet?"