Sweetheart Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons raspberry or strawberry preserves
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolk; mix well. Stir in the flour by hand. On a lightly floured surface, gently knead dough for 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly combined.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indention in the center of each. Fill each with 1/4 teaspoon preserves.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Dust warm cookies with confectioners' sugar if desired. Cool. Yield: about 2 dozen.
2 each: 203 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Sweetheart Cookies
"These cookies are delicious!! I now use them every year for one of my Christmas cookies. Every time I make them, they are gobbled up. Thanks for the recipe!!! The only thing I changed about the recipe was I did not use preserves but rather used jam."
"These cookies turned out as perfect as the picture looks. I wasn't sure it would mix together because the batter resembled powdered butter granules before it incorporated when kneading. Once my hands warmed up the batter a bit, it all came together. Make sure you sprinkle with the powdered sugar!"
"can these cookies be frozen?"
"They look delicious! I wonder if they would freeze well?"
"Simple and delicious! Stay soft if kept in an airtight container. Thanks for the recipe!"
"I submitted this recipe and I always use cold dough, make small round balls and carefully use my thumbprint and gently push the dough back up to meet the jelly. They turn out wonderful and my family loves these tender little cookies."
"These cookies taste great but they spread more than the picture. I followed the recipe to a "T" twice and had the same result. (I am not a novice baker, either!)"