Sweetheart Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons raspberry or strawberry preserves
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolk; mix well. Stir in the flour by hand. On a lightly floured surface, gently knead dough for 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly combined.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indention in the center of each. Fill each with 1/4 teaspoon preserves.
- Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Dust warm cookies with confectioners' sugar if desired. Cool. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Sweetheart Cookies(5)
Sort By :
can these cookies be frozen?
They look delicious! I wonder if they would freeze well?
Simple and delicious! Stay soft if kept in an airtight container. Thanks for the recipe!
I submitted this recipe and I always use cold dough, make small round balls and carefully use my thumbprint and gently push the dough back up to meet the jelly. They turn out wonderful and my family loves these tender little cookies.
These cookies taste great but they spread more than the picture. I followed the recipe to a "T" twice and had the same result. (I am not a novice baker, either!)
More Recipe Collections
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Raspberry Recipes >
- Sweet Finger Food Recipes >