- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons raspberry or strawberry preserves
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolk; mix well. Stir in the flour by hand. On a lightly floured surface, gently knead dough for 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly combined.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indention in the center of each. Fill each with 1/4 teaspoon preserves.
- Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Dust warm cookies with confectioners' sugar if desired. Cool. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Sweetheart Cookies
"These cookies are delicious!! I now use them every year for one of my Christmas cookies. Every time I make them, they are gobbled up. Thanks for the recipe!!! The only thing I changed about the recipe was I did not use preserves but rather used jam."
"These cookies turned out as perfect as the picture looks. I wasn't sure it would mix together because the batter resembled powdered butter granules before it incorporated when kneading. Once my hands warmed up the batter a bit, it all came together. Make sure you sprinkle with the powdered sugar!"
"can these cookies be frozen?"
"They look delicious! I wonder if they would freeze well?"
"Simple and delicious! Stay soft if kept in an airtight container. Thanks for the recipe!"