Sweet Zucchini Pie Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups sliced peeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Dash salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add zucchini; cook for 3 minutes. Drain and pat dry. In a bowl, combine the zucchini, sugars, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon, cream of tartar and salt. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. For topping, in a bowl, combine the flour and sugars. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over zucchini mixture.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly around the edges. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 326 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Zucchini Pie
"Really good.....my husband thought he was eating apple pie. Thought it would be more like a crisp than a pie, but even without a bottom crust, it cut and served just like a piece of pie. Will definitely make this again!"
"Very good, tastes like apples! I might cut the brown sugar in half next time, it was a little sweet for me"