Sweet Zucchini Pie Recipe
For the perfect way to use up all of that garden zucchini, try this recipe. It has such a wonderful sweet flavor!—Sandra Baldridge, Altamont, Kansas
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups sliced peeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Dash salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add zucchini; cook for 3 minutes. Drain and pat dry. In a bowl, combine the zucchini, sugars, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon, cream of tartar and salt. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. For topping, in a bowl, combine the flour and sugars. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over zucchini mixture.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly around the edges. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 326 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC