- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 to 2 drops coconut extract, optional
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Stir in coconut.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, combine sugar and milk until smooth. Add extract if desired. Drizzle over loaves; sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Sweet Tropical Loaves
"This is a delicious quick bread with a cake like consistency.My family loves it."
"I would bake this again if I can find out how to make it less dry. We liked the taste but it was too dry and didn't slice very well. I hope someone give tell me what I did wrong or how to correct the problem."
"I tried this recipe for a Mother's Day get together. It was great! I changed it a little. I added chopped mandarin oranges to the batter and I added rum extract to the glaze instead. Wonderful tropical fun!!"
"This was very good! Tastes like a cake vs. a bread loaf :)"
"thanks for the recipe. this sounds very much like a bread we had at the Hyatt Regency on Kauaii.I have tried to get the recipe from the hotel but they just havn't sent the right one to me. Thanks so much.Liz"