Sweet Tooth Treats
I remember Mom would have these yummy snacks waiting for us kids when we got home from school. Now I stir up these homemade treats for my husband and two daughters. They love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate...and I love that they don't keep me in the kitchen all day.
15 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + standing
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups Cheerios
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, corn syrup, sugar and
- coconut until blended. Stir in cereal. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until
- smooth. Dip balls halfway into chocolate; allow excess to drip off.
- Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; let stand until set.
- Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 232 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.