- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups Cheerios
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, corn syrup, sugar and coconut until blended. Stir in cereal. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls halfway into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; let stand until set. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Sweet Tooth Treats
"I didn't think there was anything special about these, but since several people asked for the recipe I guess I was wrong. I lost patience with dipping the balls, so I spooned the chocolate onto some of them."
"These were good. I'm not sure the coconut is necessary....I couldn't taste it in the recipe. Were very easy to make and good for all ages."