Sweet Tea Concentrate Recipe
Sweet iced tea is a Southern classic and this is a fabulous recipes for those tea lovers or for a party. The concentrate will make 20 servings.—Natalie Bremson, Plantation, Florida
- 2 medium lemons
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups English breakfast tea leaves or 20 black tea bags
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- EACH SERVING:
- 1 cup cold water
- Ice cubes
- 1. Remove peels from lemons; save fruit for another use.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; add tea leaves and lemon peels. Cover and steep for 15 minutes. Strain tea, discarding tea leaves and lemon peels; stir in lemon juice. Cool to room temperature.
- 3. Transfer to a container with a tight-fitting lid. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- 4. To prepare tea: In a tall glass, combine water with 1/4 cup concentrate; add ice. Yield: 20 servings (5 cups concentrate).
1/4 cup concentrate equals 165 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC