Sweet iced tea is a Southern classic and this is a fabulous recipes for those tea lovers or for a party. The concentrate will make 20 servings.—Natalie Bremson, Plantation, Florida
- 2 medium lemons
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups English breakfast tea leaves or 20 black tea bags
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- EACH SERVING:
- 1 cup cold water
- Ice cubes
- Remove peels from lemons; save fruit for another use.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; add tea leaves and lemon peels. Cover and steep for 15 minutes. Strain tea, discarding tea leaves and lemon peels; stir in lemon juice. Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to a container with a tight-fitting lid. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- To prepare tea: In a tall glass, combine water with 1/4 cup concentrate; add ice. Yield: 20 servings (5 cups concentrate).
Originally published as Sweet Tea Concentrate in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p162
Reviews for Sweet Tea Concentrate
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review