Sweet Tea Concentrate Recipe
- 2 medium lemons
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups English breakfast tea leaves or 20 black tea bags
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- EACH SERVING:
- 1 cup cold water
- Ice cubes
- Remove peels from lemons; save fruit for another use.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; add tea leaves and lemon peels. Cover and steep for 15 minutes. Strain tea, discarding tea leaves and lemon peels; stir in lemon juice. Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to a container with a tight-fitting lid. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- To prepare tea: In a tall glass, combine water with 1/4 cup concentrate; add ice. Yield: 20 servings (5 cups concentrate).
Reviews for Sweet Tea Concentrate(2)
Sort By :
Wondering if anyone has tried this using sweet and low or splenda in place of the sugar?
My son loves sweet tea, but I don't like any sweetner in my tea. He is visiting, and so I decided to try this recipe and see if he liked it. He loved it. He said it was very refreshing and not too heavy. I'm even having a glass. It's a little sweet for me, but the great thing about the concentrate is that it allows you to control how sweet or not to make your glass. Excellent!