Marinades sometimes use coffee or espresso, and that inspired me to try tea and apple juice to perk up a sauce. Read more on my food blog at wildflourskitchen.com. —Kelly Williams, Forked River, New Jersey
Featured In: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (4 to 5 pounds), cut up
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup sweet tea
- Preheat oven to 350°. Pour apple juice and water into a large shallow roasting pan. Mix seafood seasoning, paprika, garlic powder and pepper; rub over chicken. Place in roasting pan.
- Bake, covered, until juices run clear and a thermometer reads 170° to 175°, about 50-60 minutes. Transfer chicken to a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Whisk barbecue sauce and sweet tea; brush over chicken.
- Place chicken on greased grill rack; grill over medium heat 3-4 minutes per side, brushing occasionally with remaining sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Tea Barbecued Chicken in Taste of Home June/July 2016, p53
Reviews forSweet Tea Barbecued Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review