Sweet-Taste-of-Victory Butterscotch Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch each ground ginger, nutmeg and cloves
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup brickle toffee bits
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chips, walnuts and toffee bits.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 each: 142 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Sweet-Taste-of-Victory Butterscotch Cookies
"Very easy to put together in the stand mixer. Will try some other add-ins next time, the cookie had a very mild flavor. The recipe certainly lends itself to a variety of spices - look forward to experimenting!"
"My family loves these! I skipped the walnuts, but otherwise made them as indicated. They're really good."