Sweet-Taste-of-Victory Butterscotch Cookies Recipe
Enjoy a cold glass of milk with these cookies, like the Indy 500 winner who drinks milk at the end of the race!—Jerry Huff, Oakland, California
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch each ground ginger, nutmeg and cloves
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup brickle toffee bits
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chips, walnuts and toffee bits.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 cookie equals 142 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC