Sweet-Tart Rhubarb Crepes
This recipe's name speaks true to its well-balanced flavor from tart rhubarb and sweet orange. It's a wonderful, unique breakfast or brunch dish.—Betsy King, Duluth, Minnesota
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 16 prepared crepes (9 inches)
- Confectioners' sugar and additional grated orange peel, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook,
- stirring occasionally, over medium heat for 15-18 minutes or until
- tender. Remove from the heat; stir in orange peel.
- Spread 2 tablespoons filling down the center of each crepe; roll up.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and additional orange peel if
- desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 filled crepes (calculated without confectioners' sugar) equals 200 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.