This recipe's name speaks true to its well-balanced flavor from tart rhubarb and sweet orange. It's a wonderful, unique breakfast or brunch dish.—Betsy King, Duluth, Minnesota
- 5 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 16 prepared crepes (9 inches)
- Confectioners' sugar and additional grated orange peel, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for 15-18 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in orange peel.
- Spread 2 tablespoons filling down the center of each crepe; roll up. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and additional orange peel if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet-Tart Rhubarb Crepes in Taste of Home April/May 2011, p56
Reviews for Sweet-Tart Rhubarb Crepes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2013
"the orange juice gave it just the right amount of sweetness. It was well liked by my bunco group."
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2011
"Instead of granulated sugar I used 1/2 c brown sugar still turned out very well"