- 10 pickling cucumbers or 3 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- Place cucumbers in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon salt and toss. Let stand 30 minutes. Drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, celery seed, pepper and remaining salt until blended. In a large bowl, combine cucumbers and onions. Pour dressing over cucumber mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet-Tart Cucumber Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2016, p14
Reviews for Sweet-Tart Cucumber Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2016
"I made this refreshing salad to serve with a simple sandwich supper. While I reduced the recipe to about four servings, the salad turned out great!"