Sweet Succotash Chili Recipe
This recipe deliciously combines two of my family's favorite dishes—succotash and chili. I often make it on a weekend for meals throughout the week.
- 1 pound dried lima beans
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (49-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups frozen corn
- 1. Place beans in a Dutch oven or soup kettle; cover with water. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; let stand for 1-4 hours.
- 2. Drain beans and discard liquid. In a 6-qt. Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and onions are tender; drain. Add the beans, paprika, cumin, garlic and salt. Stir in broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add corn; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until beans are tender. Yield: 12-16 servings (4 quarts).
1 cup: 289 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 607mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 9g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Succotash Chili
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC