Sweet Squash Recipe
Cinnamon and ginger give a nice spiced flavor to the moist tender squash halves. You can use up the extra squash in the two recipes that follow.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the honey, butter, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Cut squash in half; discard the seeds. Cut a thin slice from bottom of squash with a sharp knife to allow it to sit flat.
- 2. Place cavity side up in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Fill squash halves with butter mixture. Cover and bake at 375° for 1 hour or until squash is tender. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 185 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Squash
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2015
"Very good. I'll make it again."
Reviewed Mar. 9, 2013
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC