Cinnamon and ginger give a nice spiced flavor to the moist tender squash halves. You can use up the extra squash in the two recipes that follow.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 Min.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 medium acorn squash
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, butter, salt, cinnamon and
- ginger. Cut squash in half; discard the seeds. Cut a thin slice from
- bottom of squash with a sharp knife to allow it to sit flat.
- Place cavity side up in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Fill squash halves with butter mixture. Cover and bake at 375°
- for 1 hour or until squash is tender. Uncover; bake 10 minutes
- longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 185 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.