Cinnamon and ginger give a nice spiced flavor to the moist tender squash halves. You can use up the extra squash in the two recipes that follow.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 medium acorn squash
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, butter, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Cut squash in half; discard the seeds. Cut a thin slice from bottom of squash with a sharp knife to allow it to sit flat.
- Place cavity side up in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Fill squash halves with butter mixture. Cover and bake at 375° for 1 hour or until squash is tender. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Spice Acorn Squash in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2006, p350
Reviews for Sweet Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 9, 2013