Sweet Spinach and Orange Salad Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- 1. In a large salad bowl, toss the spinach, oranges, tomatoes and mushrooms; set aside. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first eight dressing ingredients. Microwave on high for 30-60 seconds. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Whisk in oil. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with onions. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 265 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Spinach and Orange Salad
"I found if I use cherry or grape tomatoes, do not cut I leave whole, and I also do not add the dressing, I serve the dressing on the side, so if any left overs it won't get soggy and can eat at a later date. I also then have extra dressing"
"We left out the mushrooms (husband does not like them) and the french-fried onions in the interest of cutting back calories. What a yummy salad!"