Sweet Spinach and Orange Salad
I prepare this first when making a meal to let the flavors blend in the salad. The dressing is my own concoction and is delicious over fresh fruit, too.—Carole Martin, Tallahassee, Florida
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- In a large salad bowl, toss the spinach, oranges, tomatoes and
- mushrooms; set aside. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first
- eight dressing ingredients. Microwave on high for 30-60 seconds.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Whisk in oil. Drizzle over salad;
- toss to coat. Sprinkle with onions. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 265 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 118 mg sodium,