- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a blender, combine the orange juice concentrate, sugar, vinegar, onion and salt. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. Transfer to a small pitcher or bowl. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until chilled.
- On salad plates, arrange the spinach, mandarin oranges and almonds. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Spinach and Mandarin Orange Salad
Sort By :
"I brought this to a soup and salad potluck and it was a hit! Obviously, the recipe is for the dressing and it was so creamy, sweet and tangy. The hostess asked if she could keep the leftovers. I will definitely make this again...this time for my family."
"i made this back in 2007 and rated it "very good!""
"Delicious and fresh tasting. Everyone loved this salad."
"Very easy and refreshing salad."
"We've been having this one again this year with our baby spinach. Great recipe and dressing keeps for a while."