- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a blender, combine the orange juice concentrate, sugar, vinegar, onion and salt. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. Transfer to a small pitcher or bowl. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until chilled.
- On salad plates, arrange the spinach, mandarin oranges and almonds. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Spinach and Mandarin Orange Salad
Sort By :
"i made this back in 2007 and rated it "very good!""
"Delicious and fresh tasting. Everyone loved this salad."
"Very easy and refreshing salad."
"We've been having this one again this year with our baby spinach. Great recipe and dressing keeps for a while."
"Wow, I can't believe no one else has rated this! It's delicious, and very easy to prepare in advance for a special meal. I did leave out the almonds since my kids don't like them."