- 10 medium tart apples
- 10 Popsicle sticks
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2-3/4 cups white baking chips
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- Wash and dry apples; remove stems. Insert Popsicle sticks into the bottoms of apples. Place on a buttered baking sheet; refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cream, corn syrup and butter. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 248° (firm-ball stage), about 50 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Dip apples into the hot caramel to completely coat. Place on prepared pan; let stand until set.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside. In a microwave, melt white chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip one caramel apple into the warm white chip mixture and immediately sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Spiced Caramel Apples
Sort By :
This is the BEST recipe ever! I actually drizzle white chocolate on instead of dipping in though. Looks much cooler. Sometimes I sprinkle decorations on them as well for Halloween. But this is a must for all Halloween parties! The caramel is not to sticky either.
These apples remind me of the ones that can be purchased at high-end candy shops... but they cost a lot less! I use my apple corer/slicer to serve.
love caramel apples but don't think I can afford over 800 calories for 1 treat....sorry
I love caramel apples especially these. the cote of bakng chips make it so good
love this recipe i rate it 5 stars