“I love caramel apples and this is my favorite variation. It also makes a delicious gift for loved ones all year 'round. My family says it's fabulous!” —Anna Ogden, Logan, Utah
- 10 medium tart apples
- 10 Popsicle sticks
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2-3/4 cups white baking chips
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- Wash and dry apples; remove stems. Insert Popsicle sticks into the bottoms of apples. Place on a buttered baking sheet; refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cream, corn syrup and butter. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 248° (firm-ball stage), about 50 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Dip apples into the hot caramel to completely coat. Place on prepared pan; let stand until set.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside. In a microwave, melt white chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip one caramel apple into the warm white chip mixture and immediately sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Spiced Caramel Apples in Taste of Home October/November 2010, p34
Reviews for Sweet Spiced Caramel Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review