Sweet Spiced Caramel Apples Recipe
- 10 medium tart apples
- 10 Popsicle sticks
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2-3/4 cups white baking chips
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1. Wash and dry apples; remove stems. Insert Popsicle sticks into the bottoms of apples. Place on a buttered baking sheet; refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cream, corn syrup and butter. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 248° (firm-ball stage), about 50 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Dip apples into the hot caramel to completely coat. Place on prepared pan; let stand until set.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside. In a microwave, melt white chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip one caramel apple into the warm white chip mixture and immediately sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 874 calories, 42g fat (25g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 125g carbohydrate (103g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Sweet Spiced Caramel Apples
"These apples remind me of the ones that can be purchased at high-end candy shops... but they cost a lot less! I use my apple corer/slicer to serve."
"love caramel apples but don't think I can afford over 800 calories for 1 treat....sorry"
"I love caramel apples especially these. the cote of bakng chips make it so good"
"love this recipe i rate it 5 stars"
"Love this recipe it is the best ever. for me i thimk id rate it 4 stars"