Sweet-Sour Zucchini Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 7 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine vinegar and onion. Add the zucchini, celery and peppers.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over vegetables and stir gently. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with artificial sweetener equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar and without salt) equals 113 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.