"This make-ahead mixture can be served as a condiment or a salad," shares Jan Koppri, Mancos, Colorado. The flavorful marinade is also nice with cucumbers.
Recommended: 30 Fresh Ways to Use Up Zucchini
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 7 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine vinegar and onion. Add the zucchini, celery and peppers.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over vegetables and stir gently. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Sweet-Sour Zucchini Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p19
Reviews for Sweet-Sour Zucchini Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review