Sweet-Sour Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 18 cups fresh spinach, torn
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 red onion slices, separated into rings
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, mustard and salt. Gradually stir in water and vinegar until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Gradually stir a small amount of hot dressing into beaten egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil.
- 2. Place spinach in a large salad bowl. Drizzle with warm dressing; toss to coat. Top with the hard-cooked eggs, bacon and onion. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 140 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Sweet-Sour Spinach Salad
"Everyone loved the dressing on this salad. Asked for recipe. Will definately make again."