Sweet-Sour Red Cabbage Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, brown sugar, caraway and celery seeds; set aside. Place cabbage and onion in a saucepan; add a small amount of water. Cover and steam until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Add vinegar mixture; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 60 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Sweet-Sour Red Cabbage
"I made this for an Octoberfest party. My guests raved about it. I left out the caraway seeds (I don't like them) and I don't think they were missed. Great heated up for leftovers."
"This was an interesting dish."
"Can you give me some tips on how to easily shred cabbage?"