Sweet-Sour Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Place in a large serving bowl. Stir in the onion, tomato, cucumber, green pepper and parsley; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the dressing ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 16 servings.
1/2 cup: 137 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Sweet-Sour Pasta Salad
"Absolutely wonderful! I take it to every potluck and family picnic and never bring any home. Replacing the red onion with red pepper is good, too."
"Very good. It's a lot of sugar but it works in this recipe."
"would of gave this five stars,if i had left out the parsley,didn't care for the taste. next time i will leave it out. other wise it was good"
"With so much sugar and pasta is it really diabetic friendly ?"
"Easy and DELICIOUS! I love serving this salad, and friends are always requesting I make it and bring it to their party!"
"Is this really supposed to be 1-1/2 c. sugar?"
"Have made this recipe many times and is always a hit"
"Absolute favorite in my family, my daughter will eat the leftovers for breakfast!"
"This is a very good salad! And because it makes so much, it's perfect for potlucks and big family get togethers."