Sweet-Sour Meatballs Recipe
For fix-it-and-forget-it convenience on busy weekdays, Lisa Stepanski pops frozen meatballs in the slow cooker before leaving her house in Munnsville, New York. Hours later, she comes home to the heartwarming aroma of this Asian-style specialty all ready to serve! How great is that?
- 16 frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs (1/2 ounce each) , thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place meatballs in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, vinegar and soy sauce; pour over meatballs. Add green pepper. Cover and cook on low for 4-1/2 hours.
- Stir in pineapple; cover and cook 30 minutes longer. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sweet-Sour Meatballs in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p15
Reviews for Sweet-Sour Meatballs(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 13, 2012
I was looking for an easy slow cooker recipe that would be ready for lunch after a busy morning running erands. This was perfect as I had all of the ingr. on hand. I used mircowave 90 second rice and it was wonderful