Sweet-Sour Lettuce Salad
This super-quick salad dressing is a breeze to shake up when you're in a hurry. "It's refreshing, slightly sweet flavor compliments fresh lettuce and crisp bacon bits quite nicely," remarks Lois Fetting of Nelson, Wisconsin.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the sugar, vinegar and
- water; shake until sugar is dissolved. Add cream; shake well. Just
- before serving, toss greens, bacon and dressing in a large bowl.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 115 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.