Sweet-Sour Green Beans Recipe
- 2 cups cut fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1. Place green beans in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings; saute onion in the drippings until tender. Stir in brown sugar and vinegar; heat through. Drain beans and place in a bowl; stir in onion mixture. Top with bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 183 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Sweet-Sour Green Beans
"This was a perfect side dish for pork and garlic mashed potatoes. I added a little more sugar than the recipe called for because the vinegar taste was a little overpowering. Great over all."